[Zope] Some problem about Data.fs

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Apr 13 11:27:39 EDT 2005

--On Mittwoch, 13. April 2005 23:09 Uhr +0800 Fu-Ming_Tsai
<sary357 at gate.sinica.edu.tw> wrote:

> Hello, all
> The file Data.fs is growing up if we use zope.

Of course it grows...it's your Data.fs containing all your data. And you
have
to pack it on  a regular basis (Control Panel -> database administration).

>However, may it cause some
> hang problem?

Why?

>Or some file system problem may be raised because there are
> only files named Data.fs.* for storing object.

There should be exactly *one* Data.fs file + Data.fs.index + maybe a
Data.fs.pack
file from the last ZODB  packing operation.

>It may cause some problem
> if the objects are more and more.

Why?

> Wow! It is amazing if we have a lot of
> objects storing here. Does anyone have comment or thinking?

You have to make interesting why we should think about. There is nothing in
your posting
that sounds bad :-)

-aj