[Zope] how to generate debug.log for requestprofiler

Andrew Langmead alangmead at boston.com
Thu Apr 14 18:15:07 EDT 2005

On Apr 14, 2005, at 6:02 PM, Jim Abramson wrote:

> At some point btn Zope 2.6.2 and 2.7.4, it seems way you set up a
> logfile to be used by requestprofiler.py has changed.
>
> Now I need "debug.log" - whats the proper way to generate one?  I've
> just been googling and can't find explicit instructions about this.

The log that I think of as the "debug.log" seems to now be called the
"event log". Request profiler still needs the "trace log". You can
enable it by putting the following stanza in your zope.conf file:

<logger trace>
         level WARN
         <logfile>
                 path $INSTANCE/log/trace.log
                 format %(message)s
         </logfile>
</logger>

The zopectl command isn't the direct equivalent of the old z2.py. It is
a wrapper around it. (the rough equivalent of z2.py is run.py, The
zopectl program spawn something that spawns run.py) so command line
parameters added to zopectl aren't seen by zope itself.