[Zope] Meta Type change

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 08:54:54 EDT 2005

David wrote:
> I was wondering if I could just alter the meta_type for the object from
> within Zope, maybe through a python script and see if that makes the
> object accessible again. I can't find anything on how to change the
> meta_type for an existing object though.

This is likely ot be the wrong way to go about it.

You need to put the code for the class of object with the problems back
in a state it was when things were last working.

Changing meta_type, or worse still, trying to change the class of a
persistent object will lead to much pain and suffering...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk