[Zope] ZPsycopgDA dropping connections?

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Wed Apr 20 01:58:48 EDT 2005

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 20.04.2005, 15:23 +1000 schrieb Richard Jones:

> Has anyone else seen ZPsycopgDA just lose its connection? I've got two ZEO
> clients set up to use it, and every now and then one of them (the primary)
> just up and loses its connection. There doesn't appear to be any message in
> the log file *except* for the message saying that the connection's not
> active:

I remember there was a thread in the mailinglist about the new version
of ZPsycopgDA not automatically reconnecting after loosing connection.
So instead of the previous versions you now see the fact the connections
are dropped.

The reason for dropping the connection in the first place often lay in
the inproper configuration of a intermediate firewall (see tcp session
timeout there)

Regards
Tino