[Zope] Problem with Zope Threads on Debain

Andrew Langmead alangmead at boston.com
Wed Apr 20 09:26:52 EDT 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 5:43 AM, David wrote:

> I do : ps -aux  . There is one zope process (user : zope) running in
> every moment :
>
> zope     19004  0.3 11.0 171460 114380 ?     S    09:58   0:16
> /usr/bin/python2.3 /usr/lib/zope2.7/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py -C
> /var/lib/zope2.7/instance/ ...
>
> However, there are a lot of apache process (6) running.
>
> Do you know another way to obtain the number of zope threads running?

Apache spawns multiple processes, not threads. (that changes a bit with
Apache 2, but lets ignore that for the moment.) Zope uses threads
instead.

The Linux kernel, before version 2.6 had relatively primitive thread
support, and built threads out of multiple processes with some memory
sharing. Linux 2.6 has more advanced thread support that supports the
pthread standard. One side effect of real pthreads is that all threads
are really within the same process.

If you use the command and options "ps auxm", you will see displayed
the threads within the process.