[Zope] How to convert Zope instance charset?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Apr 24 08:36:24 EDT 2005

--On Sonntag, 24. April 2005 14:18 Uhr +0200 Daniel Dekany
<ddekany at freemail.hu> wrote:

> I have a Zope instance that uses utf-8 for everything. Since
> Python/Zope/etc practically doesn't support utf-8,

Please explain in which sense Zope would not support utf-8. For your
information:
Plone has UTF8 as default charset. In general Zope does not care much about
encoded strings except for some conversions. Dealing with utf8 might be
tricky
in some cases but saying Zope does not support Utf-8 is wrong.

-aj