[Zope] problem using ssl from zope

Laura Skosnik lauras at netnation.com
Wed Apr 27 14:50:46 EDT 2005

Hello,

We are having a similiar problem, did you ever find a solution to this
issue?

When we test in the python console, the connection is fine.  We get this
error from python 2.3.5 when making secure socket
connections from my mod_python based application. It is very odd
because we cannot replicate this in the development environment, only in
production on a cluster of 2 debian boxes with Apache2 MPM Worker w/ Mod
Python 3.13.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be causing this error?

Here is the full traceback:

Traceback: File
"/home/orderform/www/cgi-bin/OrderForm_bundle/hwmodules/register/dp_registrar/DPRegistrar.py",

line 95, in _
_execCmd
con.endheaders()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/httplib.py", line 715, in endheaders
self._send_output()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/httplib.py", line 600, in _send_output
self.send(msg)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/httplib.py", line 567, in send
self.connect()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/httplib.py", line 988, in connect
ssl = socket.ssl(sock, self.key_file, self.cert_file)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/socket.py", line 73, in ssl
return _realssl(sock, keyfile, certfile)
TypeError: ssl() argument 1 must be _socket.socket, not _socketobject

The thing is that if we restart the web server, it works fine for about
20 minutes after which we start getting these errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Laura