[Zope] Re: Zeo

Bakhtiar A Hamid bakhtiar.ahamid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:49:41 EDT 2005

On 4/27/05, ken wood <kenwood at thesportsresort.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
> I appreciate all the great tips on the cionfiguration issue. But my main
> issue is about infrastructure:
> Which hardware and / or operating systems can be used for a Zope/Zeo
> system.
> In particular, can I run a Zope instance on my Win32 server and have a
> Zeo Server/Clients on my Linux server?
> If I use all the same versions (Python, Zope and Plone and Products) can
> I use a multi-OS infratructure?
> Thanks,
> ken wood

this is what i've learned:
-get as much RAM as you possibly can, esp for zeo clients
-smp not required on zeo clients
-go the unix way, if possible for zeo is much older on unix compared
to windows, iirc
-hardware need not be the same specifications.  just make sure your
load balancer can distinguish the difference

..can't think of any now..

--
http://myzope.kedai.com.my - my-zope org