[Zope] configurating Zopes for merged logs

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Aug 1 13:21:23 EDT 2005

--On 1. August 2005 09:51:37 -0700 Dennis Allison
<allison at shasta.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Zope 2.7.6 with ZEO
> Python 2.4.1
>
> I would like to configure for a single merged log.  If BE is the backend
> machine running ZEO and FEA FEB and FEC are various front-ends for the
> ZEO, what's the configuration supposed to look like to get a merged log
> collected on the machine on which ZEO runs.   The only log I need to merge
> is the Z2.log--the othes can be left per-Zope frontend.  While it would
> be  nice if the merged entries were serialized, it is not strictly
> necessary. Cross machine transmission can be either UDP or TCP.

I don't know what the sense of a merged Z2.log is. You can install a
front-end proxy + load balancer so you could use the logfile of the proxy
or write a small script to merge the the Z2.log from multiple clients into
a single file. You should be straight forward with some line of Python.

-aj