[Zope] RE: Blobs in Interbase

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 06:14:34 EDT 2005

Hi Ashley,

Can't help you on the blob front...

Ashley Lloyd wrote:
> I've had trouble installing kinterbase (it complains about LDAP..?), so
> at the moment I use gvib. I've pencilled in quite a bit of time today to
> try to get kinterbase installed.
> Unfortunately I'm on Windows, which I'm guessing contributes to the
> installation problems!

...but I can confirm that KIinterbaseDA works nicely on Windows - I've
been happily using it for some time, and haven't had any issues at all
(BTW, I don't use LDAP and KInterbaseDA has never mentioned it!). The
only problem I had at install time was getting my head around the
distinction between the Python part and the Zope DA part.

HTH

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk
PGP Public key: http://www.xfr.co.uk
Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"You'll find that one part's sweet and one part's tart:
say where the sweetness and the sourness start."
- Tony Harrison