[Zope] rendering the contents of ..

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:40:36 EDT 2005

On 8/1/05, J Cameron Cooper <zope-l at jcameroncooper.com> wrote:
> David Bear wrote:
> > I am looking at a couple way of producing a qotd solution.
> >
> > one way is to put quotes in a folder. Then use objectvalues on the
> > folder  and randomly select one of the items. I get get the objectid.
> > but I don't know what I use to get the 'content' of the object.. what
> > is the method to get the 'rendered' and unrendered content of an
> > object.
> >
> > In this case I'm using objects of type file (setting content type to
> > text/plain) (ofcourse the content is plain text)
> >
> > I may find the using a zpt, html, or stx object will work better. I'm
> > hoping there is a method to get either a rendered view of the file,
> > (if zope knows how to render it) or unrendered, and I'll worry about
> > rendering it elsewhere.
>
> The contents of a File object can be gotten at simply by calling it. You

sorry to be dense here. Its been a long time since I read the zope
book. I have the following code:
=============
from Products.PythonScripts.standard import html_quote
import random
request = container.REQUEST
RESPONSE =  request.RESPONSE
# Return a string identifying this script.
q = container.quotes.objectIds()
print random.choice(q)()
return printed

But this returns an TypeError, str is not callable. How do I get this
code to return a random object from the quotes container?

--
David Bear
What's the difference between private knowledge and public knowledge?