[Zope] RE: Blobs in Interbase

Ashley Lloyd ashleylloyd at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:56:45 EDT 2005

Hi Bob, thanks again!!

When attempting to update the entity, I get the following error details:

Error Type ProgrammingError

Error Value (-413, 'execute.isc_dsql_execute: conversion error from string
"BLOB". ')

Error Trace Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program
Files\ESOPPlone\Zope\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Try.py", line 149, in
render_try_except
result = render_blocks(self.section, md)
File "C:\Program
Files\ESOPPlone\Zope\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Util.py", line 201, in
eval
return eval(code, d)
File "", line 2, in f
File "C:\Program Files\ESOPPlone\Zope\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\DA.py", line
428, in __call__
else: result=DB__.query(query, self.max_rows_)
File "C:\Program
Files\ESOPPlone\Zope\lib\python\Products\kinterbasdbDA\db.py", line 198, in
query
self.cursor.execute(src)
File "C:\Program
Files\ESOPPlone\Zope\lib\python\Products\kinterbasdbDA\kinterbasdb\__init__.
py", line 585, in execute
res = _kinterbasdb.execute(self._C_cursor, sql, params)
ProgrammingError: (-413, 'execute.isc_dsql_execute: conversion error from
string "BLOB". ')

I get the same error type and value when testing the SQL method (I've tried
to isolate the problem in its own method, leaving the updates to other
fields in a seperate SQL method) in the ZMI, and the SQL that is generated
is:
UPDATE ENTITY
SET EN_NOTES = 'Hello world'
WHERE EN_KEY = 12
Simple!

The metatata of the table has the notes field definition as:
EN_NOTES                  BLOB SUB_TYPE 1 SEGMENT SIZE 80,

There is nothing else of any real interest in the table - an update that
does not involve the notes works perfectly!

Thanks once again to you and everyone who has tried to help!

Cheers
Ashley