[Zope] When "Debug Spinning Zope" doesn't work

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Aug 3 13:16:02 EDT 2005

Paul Winkler wrote at 2005-8-1 12:12 -0400:
>But, what
>does it mean when I get nothing at all from "info threads" in gdb?

That "gdb" does not understand the OS structures.

I found that "gdb" has significant problems to understand
"core" files of multithreaded applications and
is easily confused by many normal behaviour of such applications.

The first thing, I usually do, when I again hit a GDB problem is
to upgrade GDB (in the hope that the new version learned a bit...)

--
Dieter