[Zope] MVC Approach

Thomas Adams thomas.adams at onlinehome.de
Wed Aug 3 16:06:00 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to Zope, using version 2.7.3 (okay it is not the newest one)
and I want to know if there is something
like a MVC approach available for Zope, i.e. Model-View-Controller
approach, as it is for instance in Java with  the Struts framework from
Apache.

To be more specific:

- The Model consists of several python classes implementing business logic
(the pendant to Enterprise Java Beans or simple Java Beans)

- The Views producing  the visual appearance of the business objects
  (in java or more specific in Struts these are the custom tag libraries)

- The Controller, as a kind of glue between the two above, is
controlling the work/process-flow
  (in java with servlets and in struts with actions classes (as a minimum) )

To transfer this appraoch to Zope, I'm not sure:

Controller:
PythonScripts?

Models:
I'm absolutely not sure, Pluggable brains? (the Zope book has a example
but only as a handling of resultsets)

So if has anybody a hint if there are some resources
in the web, please post it.

P.S: I don't know Zope 3 (Is that apossible answer of my questions?)

Thasnks in advance
Regards
Thomas Adams