[Zope] MVC Approach

Peter Sabaini peter at sabaini.at
Thu Aug 4 04:15:51 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 22:06, Thomas Adams wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a newbie to Zope, using version 2.7.3 (okay it is not the newest one)
> and I want to know if there is something
> like a MVC approach available for Zope, i.e. Model-View-Controller
> approach, as it is for instance in Java with  the Struts framework from
> Apache.

Sure its possible to implement MVC in Zope2 (we did it for our product),
especially if youre not afraid of Python Products, though theres no special
support for this in Zope 2.7

You really should be looking at Zope3 or Zope2 + Five (which is part of
Zope2.8) for this though. See the Zope3 Developers Book, eg.
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope3Book/components.html

 - peter.