[Zope] Zope 2.8 and conflict errors

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Fri Aug 5 17:37:53 EDT 2005

> Do you see a reason why your requests modify "Procedure" instances?
> I find this strange: I would expect that they are rarely modified
> (just once to set them up).
It's possibly because of _connect method in DCOracle2 SP.py. It
assigns to self _v_proc, connection, and errors count.

Yes, it's a bit strange and possibly unnecessary. I've already
looked at this but had no time to try doing changes in DCO2
code - I stared testing other branch of DCO2 from its CVS and
SQLRelay.

DCOracle2 is far more complicated than SQLRelayDA or
PsycopgDA. I've crated my own OracleStoredProcedure product
for SQLRelay which behaves just like Procedure from DCO2
but has a bit more complicated usage. It's written in
far more simple way and thanks to this more stable
I think :)

Thanks to pointing this, I'll try to take closer look.
Maybe assigning self._v_proc during initialization will
do the thing... but I'm afraid it's not so simple ;)

One more question - am I correct that _p_resolveConflict
is not used anymore in Zope 2.8.x?

--
Maciej Wisniowski