[Zope] large installations and conflict errors

M. Krainer mkrainer05 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:01:13 EDT 2005

Hi!

We run a self developed zope product originally based on cmf but
highly customized and extended. Our Data.fs now has grown to a
(packed) size of > 25GB and we are running more and more into
performance troubles (mostly due to a lot of conflict errors). Our
users make a lot of updates, i.e. we have lots of write operations.
Currently we think that our bottle neck is the 'portal_catalog' and
I'm working on splitting it up into multiple ZCatalogs.

So far our story, but what I really wonder is, if there's anyone out
there who has a similar large installation. Please let me know how
large your zope instance is and what you have done to increase your
(write) performance. Also any ideas that may help us are welcome.

Additional info:
4 ZEO clients, 1 ZEO server (all machines have dual P4 and 3-4GB ram),
Zope-2.8.0

Thanks,
  Markus