[Zope] Zope 2.8 and conflict errors

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Mon Aug 8 11:24:20 EDT 2005

Well, you know...

In this one project, we had an interesting (cough) situation with
PostgreSQL + psycopg, where we would see plenty of write conflict
errors coming from the DB connector.

Turned out PostgreSQL has kind of an "optimistic" transaction
control, where the DB server returns something like "couldn't really
resolve this concurrency issue, please retry" to the DB connector,
and psycopg would translate that into a ZODB ConflictError to make
the ZPublisher retry the transaction. Not kidding.

So, while I don't know much about the internals of DCOracle you may
want to make sure the ConflictErrors are due to the ZODB at all.

Stefan

--
Anything that happens, happens.  --Douglas Adams