[Zope] Benchmark ZOBD compared to RDBMS

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue Aug 9 08:21:06 EDT 2005

--On 9. August 2005 14:05:35 +0200 Simon ALEXANDRE
<simon.alexandre at cetic.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm searching for benchmark comparing ZODB to some RDBMS like Mysql. I
> know that both technologies are different but I'd like to know if we
> should expect some performance problem with ZODB used to store millions
> of objects.

As you said such a comparision makes no sense especially because there lots
of RDBMS on the market that perform differently. A million object must not
mean a million rows so you are really comparing cats with dogs. In general
the ZODB is slower than a RDBMS (depending on what you are doing)..

-aj