[Zope] ZODB BTrees File Storage error on start up

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Aug 10 21:07:58 EDT 2005

Hi Dieter. It is rather strange for sure.  The warning has appeared
over the past couple of days. First day I removed what I thought might
be a bad CMFBTree folder since it was last thing I remember working
with from previous night to do with BTrees.  Then it appeared again -
first restart of the day - it never appeared again that day even after
a number of restarts. Received the error again this morning - first
restart of day.  This time cleared the Data.fs.index and restarted.
Again it did not appear again all day after a number of restarts. It
almost makes me wonder if it is somehow related to automated backup
since it appears consistently on the first restart of the day. Can this
make any sense? Like the index is getting corrupted from backup.

The only other thing that I can think of at the moment is that I had
some nested CMFBTreeFolders that were not registered properly
registered in the types tool yet inside a CMFSite instance. These were
added programmatically with manage_add. I don't know if this could
result in this error.  In any case, I am resolving the types tool
registration issue tonight and will see what happens tomorrow am.

I am restarting this zope several times a day since I am developing on
it. I have been adding and removing many BTree folders since I am in
process of building a product that will use these quite a bit. I have
been running tests then removing CMFBTreeFolders, updating product,
restarting, rerunning with changes, etc

In any case I will examine fsBtree as you have suggested if I see
warning again tomorrow in my log. This is a relatively new CMF1.5.2 and
Zope2.8.0 instance and the only server I have this combination on at
the moment.

Regards,
David