[Zope] Re: ZDatabaseTool - does this still exist?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Aug 11 10:07:51 EDT 2005

On 11 Aug 2005, at 15:01, michael nt milne wrote:

> Hi
> I've already made it clear in this thread exactly what I want to do!
> It doesn't to be a relational db to be able to easily add fields.The
> database browser tools in the ZMI are ok but basic.

No you haven't. First of all, the application you point to at the
beginning of the thread is a tool for managing a relational database,
but your wording sounds like you assume it is a tool for managing the
ZODB. That tool has exactly zilch to do with the ZODB, apart from the
fact that it runs on Zope.

The ZODB is not a relational database. You don't "add fields". You
add objects and manipulate them. The ZMI and code you write are all
you need.

jens