[Zope] ZODB BTrees File Storage error on start up

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 11 14:21:00 EDT 2005

David Pratt wrote at 2005-8-10 22:07 -0300:
>Hi Dieter. It is rather strange for sure.  The warning has appeared
>over the past couple of days. First day I removed what I thought might
>be a bad CMFBTree folder since it was last thing I remember working
>with from previous night to do with BTrees.  Then it appeared again -
>first restart of the day - it never appeared again that day even after
>a number of restarts. Received the error again this morning - first
>restart of day.  This time cleared the Data.fs.index and restarted.
>Again it did not appear again all day after a number of restarts. It
>almost makes me wonder if it is somehow related to automated backup
>since it appears consistently on the first restart of the day. Can this
>make any sense?

No, it does not....
But nevertheless, you see what you see?

"__basicnew__" is a class method. It must be there independent
on the concrete object.

If it were not there, then whether or not you see the error
may depend on whether or not the index file is present (you
should not see it when there is no index file; you may, if there is).

But, it should be there. If not, then the shared object
"BTrees/_fsBTree.{so,pyd}" must have been badly executed
(maybe because it is corrupt) -- but it would be surprising
that this shows up in such a harmless way (one would instead
expect a memory violation or bad opcode or something really nasty).

--
Dieter