[Zope] Re: ZDatabaseTool - does this still exist?

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:20:37 EDT 2005

PS

I also subscribed to the collective-CMFMember list and got some help there:
which I include below.......

 Alec Mitchell <apm13 at columbia.edu> to collective-cmf.
More options 3:39 pm (6 hours ago) On Thursday 11 August 2005 06:19 am,
michael nt milne wrote:
> I've tried a few products in 2.1 -CMFQuestionnaire for example and it
> produced errors.Also CMFNewsletter didn't work.
>
> I'd rather wait until the bugs are ironed out.

These are probably not bugs in CMFPlone, but simply products which haven't
caught up to the few major changes in 2.1. Unfortunately, they are very
unlikely to catch up if you don't report the errors you found with full
tracebacks to the authors of those products. It may be helpful to
additionally post them to the plone bug tracker as it may point out
incompatibilities of which we were unaware.

> Can CMFMember add totally new fields to registration? What v of plone
> do you have it working with?

CMFMember 1.0 was designed for plone 2.0, and should work. It will allow you
to add new fields to the registration by subclassing the Member type and
adding new fields to the schema. For greater details you may want to look at
Rob's Samplex product and tutorial:

http://svn.plone.org/view/collective/Samplex/trunk/docs/SamplexTutorial.stx

CMFMember 1.1 (currently unreleased) is the ideal version for working with
plone 2.1 (which as Martin says is much improved), but may not at present
work with plone 2.0.