[Zope] Zope 2.8.1 on Mac OS X tiger Server

Garito garito at sistes.net
Thu Aug 18 13:19:58 EDT 2005

Bernd Dorn escribió:

> On 17.08.2005, at 20:22, Garito wrote:
>
>> Bernd Dorn escribió:
>>

>>> the following 3 problems
>>>
>>> this line must be in /etc/hostconfig
>>> ZOPESERVER=-YES-

>>> the 'Zope'  file must be executable in order to work
>>>
>>> chmod +x Zope

>>> typo? sistes == sites

>> Hi again!
>> Sorry but Zope is executable, perhaps another thing?
>> Any idea?
>>
> hm, have you set the effective user in zope.conf? you need this if
> you run zopectl as root
>
> as root try to execute
>
> /System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope
>
> from the commandline
>
> and have a look what if something is looged into your event.log
>
> without any messages i have no clue
>

>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Mis Cosas
>> http://blogs.sistes.net/Garito/

Sorry but my Mac OS X skill are null

I try:

sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope

but raises line 31: $1: unbound variable

now I supouse $1 will be StartService/StopService/RestarService

then I try:

sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope StartService

but raises unknown argument: StartService

I another hand at Console there aren't any message about Zope on it

Sorry for my inexperience and thanks a lot!!!