FIXED: Re: [Zope] URL0 returns index_html not index.html

Mark Barratt markb at textmatters.com
Fri Aug 19 11:17:11 EDT 2005

John Eikenberry wrote:
> Mark Barratt wrote:

>>I can vaguely see why this is happening. My question: is there a
>>straightforward way of making the links (and error reports) return the
>>actual page address?
>

> By actual page address you want the URL with index.html instead of
> index_html? Given your current setup as described, redirecting would work.
>
> <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(URL1+'/index.html')>

Well, no, because some of the objects I want to append /source.html to
are not called index.html (but that *is* how we did it for another site
and it works as you say).

A text substitution covers both cases:

tal:attributes="href
python:context.REQUEST['URL0'].replace('index_html','index.html')+'/source.html'"

> If you were working with zope projects there are other tricks you could
> pull, but it doesn't sound like you are doing this.

I don't understand this: is a 'zope project' different from my project
using zope?

Thanks to you and Dieter for the help

--
Mark Barratt