[Zope] max 2 levels of indirection?

Sean Dunn sean at troublemakerstudios.com
Mon Aug 22 17:20:27 EDT 2005

I'm running Zope 2.0.7, and I'm having a problem.. Consider me a newbie,
as I've only been using Zope for a few weeks.

After boiling the problem down to a test case, it seemed that I couldn't
have a DTML method call a DTML method which then calls a Python script.
But then I realized it was a more general problem of max number levels
of indirection.. So I can't have a DTML->DTML->DTML or
DTML->DTML->PythonScript. Is this a bug? When I try this, I get a Name
Error, which says that the name of the 3rd level object is not defined.

Here's an example:

DTML Method TestA:

<dtml-var expr="TestB()">

DTML Method TestB:

<dtml-var expr="TestC()">

DTML Method TestC:

Test C has run.

If I view TestA, I get the NameError that TestC doesn't exist. If I view
TestB, I get the output "Test C has run". All objects are in the same
folder.

Is there some namespace weirdness that I don't understand?

Thanks,

Sean