[Zope] Random Module

Jim Abramson jabramson at wgen.net
Thu Aug 25 13:42:05 EDT 2005

You can keep all the modules/types/etc you want Zope to stop hassling
you about into a single file, restart Zope, and enjoy life again.

create a Product called whatever you like (we called ours
'GlobalModules')...

our looks like this:

in Products/GlobalModules: __init__.py

# Global module assertions for Python scripts
from Products.PythonScripts.Utility import allow_module
from AccessControl import allow_module, allow_class, allow_type

allow_module('re')
import re
allow_type(type(re.compile('')))
allow_type(type(re.match('x','x')))

allow_module('zipfile')
import zipfile
allow_class(zipfile.ZipFile)
allow_class(zipfile.ZipInfo)

For you, obviously, you'll want to allow_module('random'), perhaps
declare some of its own special types, etc...

hth
Jim