[Zope] Data.fs Windows to Linux?

Andrew Veitch andrew at logicalware.com
Sat Aug 27 16:43:02 EDT 2005

> Questions:
> ------------
> 1) Am I without hope of ever running the database under Linux again?
> 2) What is the reason that the database goes from Linux -> Windows OK
> but not in the other direction?
> 3) MOST IMPORTANT:
>    Is there a technique I can use to tweak the database file or
> recover
> it so that it is Linux-friendly?

My guess would be that the permissions have got screwed up when you
copied the Data.fs back.

If you post a proper traceback from event.log showing exactly what
the error is then we should be able to give you better help with this.

Logicalware Ltd
Stuart House, Eskmills, Musselburgh, EH21 7PQ, UK
Tel: +44(0)131 273 5130 http://www.logicalware.com