[Zope] passing parameters from form to script

Peter Bengtsson peterbe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:17:05 EDT 2005

- don't have a parameter on your 'paramtest' script and instead
iterate on context.REQUEST.form.items()

- keep a hidden variable in the form creation. eg.
  <input type="hidden" name="keys:list" tal:attributes="value item" />
  then make 'keys' the only parameter of 'paramtest' and use this like this:
  for key in keys:
      value = context.REQUEST[key]

On 8/29/05, Roman Klesel <roman_plonemail at lotuseyes.de> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm dynamically generate a form e.g like this:
>
> <form action="paramtest" method="post">

>           tal:repeat="item
> python:context.Templates.AddressTemplate.propertyIds()">

>                    name="item"
>                    value="" tal:attributes="name item; value
> python:context.Templates.AddressTemplate.getProperty(item)">
>               <input type="submit" value="Save">
>               <input type="reset" value="Cancel">
>

> How can I process the parameters with the target script? I don't know how
> many parameters will be passed to the script by the form. I also don't
> know  their names.
>
> I allready tried various things and did some research in the docs and
> lists but can't figure it out.
>
> I thougth of stuffing all the values in one list with the :records option
> but couldn't it right.
>
> I tried :

>                    name="item"
>                    value="" tal:attributes="name addr.item:records; value
> python:context.Templates.AddressTemplate.getProperty(item)">
>
> but this also doesn't work.
>
> Will s.o. please help me to get on the right track?
>
> Greetings
>
> Roman

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com