[Zope] Short tutorial on I18n with Five

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Dec 1 13:10:59 EST 2005

I'm happy to announce that I've finally managed to document the
internationalization (i18n) features that Five has brought to the Zope 2
world since version 1.1:

http://worldcookery.com/files/fivei18n

This short tutorial compares current Zope-2-based solutions to the i18n
problem with the Zope 3 i18n framework.  It also gives a few pointers on
how to use the latter in Zope 2 applications through the means of Five.
 It is not a full-blown tutorial and it expects the reader to be quite
familiar with i18n-aware software development in Zope already.  Target
audience is mostly people switching over their Zope 2 products to Zope 3
technology which i18n is a part of.  The tutorial also serves as a
documentation of a new Zope 2 core feature because Five 1.3 is included
in Zope 2.9 which is thus the first Zope 2 version to come with built-in
i18n support!