[Zope] Beginners Confusion

Russell Winter rwinter at r2solutions.com.au
Thu Dec 1 15:46:30 EST 2005

Folks,

I am trying to understand instances, any help or suggestions would be
appreciated as I am obviously missing something.

I would like to have each user having, either,  their own Zope Server
binaries (including CMF & Plone) in their home directories.

Alternatively, as multiple Zope Servers on one machine will be quite a
resource eater, (probably 20 main users) is it possible to have just one
Zope Server and multiple instances of the database/CMF/Plone for the users?
All user instances and content including the database entries would need to
be accounted for in and installed in their own home directories to allow us
to control and manage each user or groups bandwidth and quota's etc etc.

Is this possible? If so, is there a how-to or something I have not found yet
or some advice would be appreciated. I have several books on Zope now and
none of them seem to describe instances or multiple user configurations in
any detail.

I am looking for each department/user/group to be able to manage, for the
most part, their own web-services, but with us still managing the usual
operating and application environments.

Thanks a lot, regards,

Russ