[Zope] Python Classes and Zope.

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 02:54:32 EST 2005

Paul Winkler wrote:
> 1) create a derived or wrapper class that inherits from
> Acquisition.Implicit or Acquisition.Explicit.
> This can either inherit from your existing class,
> or wrap it, as you prefer.

You don't actually have to do this.

> 2) in the wrapper class, use ClassSecurityInfo() to
> declare the methods you need public or permission-protected,
> or use allowAny().

You can apply these, and module security declarations, from any piece of
trusted code, to any other piece of FS-based code.

> You know, some days I wonder why it is that Zope is the
> only framework around that needs to distinguish between
> "trusted" and "untrusted" code. Nobody else seems to be
> looking at us with envy in this regard.

Well, while I'd like to agree with you, I like having semi-trusted code,
but I think Zope 3 does a much better job of this...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk