[Zope] Translating a webpage

Sam Boggess sboggess at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:39:03 EST 2005

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the direction of some
documentation that will tell me the best way to translate a web page
into multiple languages using Zope Page Templates.  In previous sites
we've done in DTML we used a 'phrases' table in our MySQL database
that contained phrases in each language the site required.   We then
used sql methods and a dtml-let statement to create a list of the
phrases used on a certain page.  I'm considering using the same basic
idea for a page template site, but am wondering if there is a better
way of doing translations.  I've read about using .po files.  Is
there an easy way to hook these up to Zope? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.