[Zope] Re: Python Classes and Zope.

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Tue Dec 6 10:43:07 EST 2005

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

> that's because it does not seem to work with new-style python classes in
> zope2.7
>
> it works with:
>
> class MyStuff:
>
>   instead of:
>
> class MyStuff(object):
>
> This is what you would have got:
>
>  File "/opt/Zope-2.7/lib/python/AccessControl/SecurityInfo.py", line
> 165, in apply
>    dict['%s__roles__' % name] = access
> TypeError: object does not support item assignment
>
> if you'd run it without the extra call.
>
> now, the question is if it's worth the extra effort.

aha!; thanks for the explanation.

Well, as you know, we have not officially gotten so far with
implementing new style class features on our base classes (that is,
unless you have checked in som extra code lately that relies on NSC)

Considering the time frame we are living with - yes, not using NSC is
definitely the way to go for now, until I have time to upgrade to Plone
2.1.1 and Zope 2.8 or 2.9.

Thanks!

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley