[Zope] TextIndexNG (2/3) and Zope2.8

Dan Pozmanter dan at siteworx.com
Wed Dec 7 13:51:14 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Jung [mailto:lists at andreas-jung.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:04 PM
To: Dan Pozmanter; zope at zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] TextIndexNG (2/3) and Zope2.8

--On 7. Dezember 2005 12:56:41 -0500 Dan Pozmanter <dan at siteworx.com>
wrote:

> Great sirs/madames of Zope,
>
>   I am attempting to use TextIndexNG on Zope2.8 (No Plone, No CMF).
> TextIndexNG2 has suddenly stopped working (it was fine on 2.7), and
> indexes will display 'n/a' rather than a count.

Nothing stops suddenly.

True.  Let me rephrase.  When I simply change what zope install I run my
instance with (2.7 -> 2.8),
TextIndexNG2 indexes go from reporting xyz distinct values to 'n/a'
distinct values.
Or installing TextIndexNG2 on an instance that is only run using 2.8.

> TextIndexNG3:
>

> When trying to start zope:
> File "C:\Program
> Files\Zope-2.8.2-final\lib\python\zope\configuration\fields.py", line
> 141, in fromUnicode
>     raise schema.ValidationError(v)
> zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "C:\Program
> Files\Zope-2.8.2-final\lib\python\Products\Five\skel\site.zcml", line
> 12.2-12.23
>     ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "C:\Zope-Instance\Products\TextIndexNG3\configure.zcml", line 8.2-8.55
>     ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "C:\Zope-Instance\Products\TextIndexNG3\adapters\configure.zcml", line
> 8.2-10.21
>     ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'class', "Couldn't
> import Products.ATContentTypes.content.file, No module named
> ATContentTypes.content.file")
>
> If I address that, I progress to:
>     * Module Products.TextIndexNG3.TextIndexNG3, line 76, in __init__
>     * Module textindexng.index, line 47, in __init__
>     * Module textindexng.index, line 53, in clear
>     * Module zope.component, line 184, in createObject
>     * Module zope.component, line 76, in getUtility
>     * Module zope.component.utility, line 44, in getUtility
> ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass
> zope.component.interfaces.IFactory>, 'txng.lexicons.default')

This is a known issue. Uncomment all registrations in
TextIndexNG3/adapters/configure.zcml for non-Plone installations.

Apologies for my ignorance, but nothing in
TextIndexNG3/adapters/configure.zcml appears to be commented.

-aj