[Zope] Simple User Folder Setup

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 10 00:46:42 EST 2005

Infor Gates wrote:

>  Dear zopist
>
> I am having problems in setting up Simple User Folder.
> Error Message:
> *Error Type: UnconfiguredException*
> *Error Value: Addition of users has not been configured*
>

> I have googled around for an answer. However, there is very little
> info on it.
> My Configuration: Zope2.8.4 / Windows XP Pro / Postgresql
> I have copied all  (addUser.pys, addUser.sql, editUser.pys
> editUser.sql, deleteUser.pys deleteUser.sql, getUserIds.pys,
> getUserIds.sql, getUserDetails.pys, getUserDetails.sql) into the
> /TEST/acl_users/Contents page as advised in README.
>
> Do anyone have similar experiences?
>
> Thank you.

Infor,

Take a look at the source SimpleUserfolder.py.  That error occurs when
the method:

    def _doAddUser(self, name, password, roles, domains, **kw):

cannot acquire the method "addUser".

You should ensure that all methods (addUser, getUserDetails,
getUserName, etc) are either in the folder or acquirable by the folder
that you drop a Simple User Folder object in.

HTH,
David