[Zope] resolving conflict errors

Michael Dunstan michael.dunstan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 14:14:13 EST 2005

On 12/9/05, Dennis Allison <allison at shasta.stanford.edu> wrote:
> The problem I am trying to resolve appears to be load related.  The
> observed symptom is that (some) session variables spontaneously disappear.
> There appears to be some connection to conflicts, but the exact mechanism
> and the relationship is not yet clear.

A small possibility is that you are being bitten by the DWIM'ly nature
of TransientObjects conflict resolution where the last modified state
is chosen over the others. If you think this is biting you then try
commenting out _p_resolveConflict of TransientObject. That's bound to
increase the rate of conflict errors but should provide you with a
consistent session state. Perhaps useful as a debugging step.

michael