[Zope] attribute used to index PDFs?

Garth B. garthb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:08:51 EST 2005

Hi Andreas,

Neither PrincipiaSearchSource nor SearchableText does anything for
these File-type objects.  I guess nothing for SearchableText is
expected since these are not CMF or Plone-derived objects.  The only
way I've managed to get *anything* indexed for these File-type objects
is by specifying the "data" attribute.

A couple of related postings that I've found through a bit of Googling
have also noted having to use "data" when indexing these kinds of
files, for example:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2003-August/139702.html

So, I should be able to use PrincipiaSearchSource?  I've only used
that for text-oriented objects like Page Templates.  I'll keep digging
around, but I welcome any suggestions for what the problem could be or
how I can debug this further.

Garth