[Zope] Re: Zope 2.8.4+Latest cygwin installation

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Thu Dec 15 09:36:56 EST 2005

Pascal Peregrina wrote:
> Ok, in case anyone is interested, this nasty code change made it :
>
> In Zope-2.8.4-final/lib/python/ZODB/serialize.py:
>
> Change :
>         return klass.__new__(klass, *args)
>
> To :
>         try:
>             result=klass.__new__(klass, *args)
>         except TypeError:
>             result=Persistent.__new__(klass, *args)
>
>         return result

I think Jim is the only one who could explain what you see.  I can't
even find the place in the code which generates that error:

$ find . -name "*.py" -o -name "*.c" | xargs grep "is not safe"
./RestrictedPython/RCompile.py:    The UNPACK_SEQUENCE opcode is not
safe because it extracts
./zope/security/untrustedpython/builtins.py:    # It's better to say
what is safe than it say what is not safe
./ZODB/tests/testmvcc.py:It is not safe, however, to read the current
revision of "a" because
$

> Pascal

- --