[Zope] Trying zope on Linux

Andrew Sawyers andrew at sawdog.com
Thu Dec 15 14:53:20 EST 2005

Allen,
Most likely your default installation installed apache to run on
startup.  You need to stop Apache.  You can try the following as root:
/sbin/service http stop
If that fails, look for apachectl - and stop the service with that.
Then pull the service from startup services.  To do that, try as root:
/sbin/chkconfig -level 2345 httpd off
I don't know how all linux varients implement the above examples.

Andrew Sawyers