[Zope] ANN: ZSyncer 0.7.0 released

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Dec 15 23:12:40 EST 2005

ZSyncer 0.7.0 Released

Version 0.7.0-final (2005/12/15) is available for download from
sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=28073&package_id=20913&release_id=378551

ZSyncer is a Zope 2 product that allows you to synchronize and compare
objects from one zope (source) to another (destination). It is a lot
more convenient than the old manual export / transfer / import
procedure.

Noteworthy changes since 0.6.2:

Features added:

    * We now have two-directional sync! Instead of just "sync", we now
      have both "put" (like the old sync) and "get" (pulls changes from
      the remote system to the client system). Thanks Alan Milligan!

    * new method of ZSyncer and ZSyncerTool: callManyRemote() to call
      multiple arbitrary methods on the remote system and return a list
      of results.

    * Pretty complete example skins for ZSyncerTool integration with
      CMF/Plone. See README.txt for more instructions. Doesn't have all
      features yet (e.g. no "pull" support).

    * Should work with Zope 2.8 now!

    * The "override user" stuff is removed from the UI. You now have to
      use the proto://user:passwd@server url format. See README.txt for
      more information.

    * The (broken) XMLRPC code has been removed.

    * New config variable, "upload_threshold_kbytes", determines the
      point at which the server spools data to a temp file instead of
      RAM.

    * "delete" now deletes from both local and remote systems.

    * SSL connections using ConnectionMgr should now set timeout
      properly.

    * Lots of unit tests!

For bugfixes and older changes, see CHANGES.txt.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com