[Zope] Can't pickle objects in acquisition wrappers

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Mon Dec 19 00:00:50 EST 2005

At Monday 19/12/2005 00:53, Keith Alperin wrote:

>I'm returning to Zope after about a year away and am working on a
>project that i have pieced together over about 4 years.  I recently
>deployed this project (a family history web site) under a zope 2.7.x
>install (it used to run on a 2.4.x install) and now I can't seem to
>update any of my objects.  when i try to save them, I get a
>TypeError: Can't pickle objects in acquisition wrappers.  I was never

You should not store a persistent attribute that is an acquisition wrapper
itself. (What is that... see the corresponing chapter in the Zope
Developers Guide).
You are developing your own Product, I presume? Perhaps, you are keeping a
direct reference to another persistent object? You should store its id
instead, o use a container like ObjectManager.
Without more information that's all I can guess...

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL