[Zope] How to make good architecture in Zope2?

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Tue Dec 20 07:02:15 EST 2005

Hi!

This question is not about how to make a Zope2 product, but how to get
most from separating concerns while making Web application in Zope2.

Lets suppose that I've done OO Analysis and have a dozen of nice classes
which model my problem domain. Lets also suppose that I did it on the
basis of known use cases. Now I want to build Web application fulfilling
those use cases but  separate my  classes from Zope framework (Ok,  some
of them could be taken from Zope framework, like user folder), so that I
can see the problem domain abstractions in the clear, without a mess of
miriads of Presentation injections.
(I'd liked to put presentation-related things into other classes and ZPTs)

Are there any good examples out there, or any good architectural
solutions for that? Or is it even possible in Zope2 to go that far
without doing to much adaptation?

What I see in real world examples, is extensive use of mix-ins. Is it
the only feasible way to at least textually separate Logic from
Presentation?
(What about delegation?) Is there any pattern which doesn't look strange
in Zope2 while letting me do what I described above?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Roman Suzi