[Zope] zope and LDAP for authorisation

Marinussen, M.J. (Ria) M.J.Marinussen at ewi.utwente.nl
Wed Dec 21 10:34:44 EST 2005

Hi Jens,

you were right, there was a problem with the way I configured the added
attribute in the LDAP Schema tab..
a stupid problem actually.

When you add an attribute that does not exist in LDAP and want to use
that as a login name attribute, it obviously does not work and zope
simply returns "unauthorized".
When you add "samAccountName" for the login ID user in Windows Active
directory (and LDAP), and you try to login with the wrong password (or
non-existing username) zope returns "unauthorized".
So far so good.
But when you add "samAccountName" for the login ID user in Windows
Active directory (and LDAP), and you try to login with a correct
username/password combination, zope returns "TypeError  len() of unsized
object"

And when you use the right case in "sAMAccountName" you can login
without errors.

So my login problem is solved. I was only confused because it "seemed"
that the attribute was working when it was not...

Thanks for your support.

Ria