[Zope] More on understanding conflicts

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Wed Dec 21 16:34:18 EST 2005

>The missing detail here is that reading a session object causes a
>write to the database to update the last access time for that session
>object. So what looks like a plain old read to the application code
>above, in-fact includes a write just below the surface. (This is a
>design choice so that stale session objects can be removed.)

Some time ago (search the archives) I had problems with high rate
of write conflict errors and then Michael Dunstan has written:

"One option to reduce the rate of this write conflict is to tune the
session machinery to suit. For example use session-resolution-seconds
of say 300 seconds."

It helped me a lot - almost no conflict errors :) Maybe you should
try to change this setting in zope.conf and see what will happen.

Im curious if there are side effects of setting high value to this
variable? I haven't noticed any...

--
Maciej Wisniowski