[Zope] Help with Zope Python result object please!

Alric Aneron aluminum3458 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 12:32:08 EST 2005

hello,
 I have a python code that recieves two result objects from two different ZSQL methods.  I need to join them (sort of like UNION).
 I can't do result1+result2, otherwise it raises an exception that the + operator isn't supported.
 When I try to do this (read below, I explained what i've done if you are lazy to read the code)
 result1 = context.zsqlmethod1()
 result2 = context.zsqlmethod2()
 if (len(result1) == 0):
     return result2
 row1 = 0
 row2 = len(result1) + 1
 col = 0
 for r in result2:
    col = 0
    if (context.duplicateExists(result1, result2[row1][0]) == -1):
        result1[row2][col] = result2[row][col]
        col = col + 1
    row1 = row1 + 1
    row2 = row2 + 1

 return result1

 Basically, it loops through the rows and columns of result2 and adds them to the end of the result 1.  However it for some reason raises "index out of range" and says that assigning result1[0][0]=result2[0][0] (if there is an element in both of them) is illegal because:
 Error Value: object does not support item or slice assignment
 I realize that in most programming languages you can't add them to result1 without resizing it first, but I can't find much documentaiton on member functions of the result object, so I can't resize it.
 I am completely stuck, I've tried everything, spent so much time on it, can anyone please help save my sanity :P

 Thanks in advance guys! I really appreciate it.