[Zope] PAM Authentication & RSA Authentication Manager

Tom Trelvik ttt at cwru.edu
Tue Feb 1 13:46:59 EST 2005

Chris Withers wrote:
> PluggableAuthenticationService is your friend, you may not even need PAM
> ;-)

	I'm sure PluggableAuthService -- and exUserFolder, etc. -- are great
and all, but if you don't mind my asking the dumb question ... why
reinvent a perfectly good wheel?  This seems like exactly the kind of
thing PAM was designed for.  One product introducing PAM support would
eliminate the need to support most of these other authentication
schemes.  And with the kind of extensibility already available, it'd
still be perfectly possible to create your own authentication method if
it's not something PAM supports, but most of these are no-brainers for PAM.

Tom