[Zope] PAM Authentication & RSA Authentication Manager

Tom Trelvik ttt at cwru.edu
Tue Feb 1 23:05:58 EST 2005

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> Yes? That's available even on lesser operating systems from M$. Is PAM?

	Okay, excellent point.  But I also don't understand why so many people
are using Windows as a *server* for a service that just seems so much
better suited for a unix environment (and with so much less overhead),
but that's just me.

> You can use the LDAPUserFolder in read-only mode so it does not try to
> write back to the directory and store group/role information on the
> LDAPUserFolder itself. That way the users log in with the same
> credentials *and* you can manage the roles they get in the Zope context
> locally. It's just a matter of configuration.

	But would that give every user in the LDAP server Zope level access to
my server?  I'm still trying to figure out how to select which users
from the LDAP server will get accounts on my server.  Do I add/remove
the users manually (or programmatically) through Zope?  (Sorry for the
newbie questions ...)

Thanks!

Tom