[Zope] Programmatically setting default perms for products

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 4 10:21:39 EST 2005

Hello ...

I am writing a disk-based product, and while I've set what permissions are
required for various tasks using __ac_permissions__, what I really would
like to do at this point is describe a set of default permissions for a
newly created instance of my product (for instance, I want to set certain
folders contained within to *not* acquire permissions, I'd like to set
certain things to requrie authorized/owner/etc permissions, etc).

I've looked around (perhaps I'm not asking the write questions to google
and such) and have yet to find something that describes this.  I'm
assuming this is possible (perhaps it isn't, and that's why I can't find
anything) - any hints?

Thanks
-J