[Zope] Re: optimising Zope startup time

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Feb 4 12:45:41 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 08:35:02AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Tres Seaver <tseaver at zope.com> [2005.02.03.2143 +0100]:
> > Logically, you want to have the storage running whenever the
> > appserver is up, so start it first and stop it last.
>
> Right. Except this calls for some additional logic rather than
> chaining the z*ctl commands. Oh well...
>
> then again, I guess if Zope if about to go down anyway, it does not
> really matter if ZEO is stopped a split of a second before.

I dunno about that. I have not done a proper experiment
but my impression is that if zope is busy, it takes a really long
time to shut down when the zeo server has died... maybe there
are write transactions pending and zope is patiently waiting
for a zeo connection to handle them. Or something like that,
I don't know.

Haven't bothered to check it out because i so rarely need
to shut down ZEO. It stays up pretty much forever.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com